We’re freezing current energy rates
During this uncertain time, we know you’re focused on running your business. And for our customers whose contract’s fixed term is ending soon we want to help.
That’s why we’re going to freeze contracted energy rates for three months, for those customers who would otherwise go onto more expensive Monthly Plan rates. This applies to SME customers with a fixed term end date in May, June and July 2020, giving them more time to agree a new energy contract.
You don’t need to do anything. We’ll apply the freeze to your energy rates for the extra 3 months beyond your contract term, where this is cheaper. Or you can renew on our best rates by calling our Sales team on 0843 227 2357 Monday to Friday between 9am and 5.30pm or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your contract renewal. You can still end your contract with us from your original fixed-term period end date onwards by giving us 30 days’ notice as normal
If you are struggling right now, the Government is providing support to small and medium businesses, including loans and grants. Our charity partner Business Debtline has a clear summary of all help available. Visit their website to find out more.
Continuing to serve you through Coronavirus
During the Coronavirus pandemic we’re focussed on maintaining an ongoing level of service and support for you (our customers). With staff working from home, we may take longer to respond than usual. But we do have plans in place to try and reduce the impact. We’ve outlined the key details of our plan below.
How we’ll continue to serve you?
- The best way to get in touch is by calling us on 0843 227 2377. Our phone lines are open from 9am – 5pm. We are dealing with a large amount of calls currently, so it may take longer than usual to respond.
- Due to the quantity of emails received we are experiencing delays in responding. We’ll get in touch as soon as we can, with wait times of up to four days, depending on the nature of your enquiry.
- We’ve decided to postpone smart meter installation appointments due in the next 12 weeks. Meter engineers will only focus on emergency situations, so access to energy is available where it’s essential.
- We’ve also postponed all non-essential metering work. Examples of non-essential jobs are: new connections, re-connections, non-emergency meter exchanges and meter readings.
- The following are examples of scenarios where we believe metering services are essential: Health & safety issues due to metering, Meter issues that are affecting the continuation of supply for vulnerable customers or essential businesses i.e. supermarkets and hospitals, Meter installations for safety, vulnerability or critical infrastructure reasons.
- We may ask for meter readings, but only if it is safe to do so, and in line with government guidance on you attending your property.
- If you require an emergency reconnection, please email email@example.com.
What does Coronavirus mean for security of our energy supply?
- As part of Drax, our generation assets are part of the Critical National Infrastructure and we’re an Operator of Essential Services. We feel confident that we can maintain the security of our electricity supply.
- If you have an issue with your electricity supply due to a loss of power, please contact your local Distribution Network Operator by calling 105.
- If you can smell gas, please call urgently 0800 111 999.
We recognise some businesses may struggle during this period of uncertainty, so if you’re having difficulty paying your bill, talk to us about what help is available. The Government are also providing support, including loans and grants. Visit the Government website or Business Debtline to find out more.
We’ll continue to follow government advice, and keep you updated on any changes that take place as the situation develops.
If you are having trouble paying your bill or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Help us stay in touch
Now more than ever it’s important that we have the correct contact details for you. This allows us to keep you informed now and in the future. Please confirm your email address and mobile number by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your Account ID (you can find this on your bill) and any site references, so we can register your information to your account.