If you are struggling right now, the Government is providing support to small and medium businesses, including loans and grants. Our charity partner Business Debtline has a clear summary of all help available. Visit their website to find out more.
Continuing to serve you through Coronavirus
During the Coronavirus pandemic we’re focussed on maintaining an ongoing level of service and support for you (our customers). With staff working from home, we may take longer to respond than usual. But we do have plans in place to try and reduce the impact. We’ve outlined the key details of our plan below.
How we’ll continue to serve you?
- The best way to get in touch is by calling us on 0843 227 2377. Our phone lines are open from 9am – 5pm. We are dealing with a large amount of calls currently, so it may take longer than usual to respond.
- Due to the quantity of emails received we are experiencing delays in responding. We’ll get in touch as soon as we can, with wait times of up to four days, depending on the nature of your enquiry.
Metering work and smart meter installations
- In all areas, including these with local lockdown restrictions, we'll continue to operate to the highest of safest standards. If we need to delay your smart and metering appointment, we’ll contact you to book or rearrange it for an appropriate date in the future, in line with government advice.
- We are now starting to book appointments again for certain metering work, respecting social distancing and government guidelines. If you need an appointment or you had one previously and it was cancelled, call 0843 227 2352 for electricity metering or 0845 263 7201 for gas (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We can also book appointments for smart meter installations again, helping more of our customers get automated meter reads. This means bills are based on actual usage (unless there is an issue with the signal), even if no-one is at the premises to take reads. We hope this can take one worry off your plate in uncertain times. To request one, please call 0800 668 1337 or email email@example.com.
- For all metering work (smart or otherwise), we’ll ask you a few questions to ensure it’s safe for engineers to visit your site and get back to you with a date as soon as we can. Please bear with us as there may be some delays due to the pandemic.
- If you require an emergency reconnection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can read more about how we're protecting you, our colleagues and our partners in our risk assessments.
What does Coronavirus mean for security of our energy supply?
- As part of Drax, our generation assets are part of the Critical National Infrastructure and we’re an Operator of Essential Services. We feel confident that we can maintain the security of our electricity supply.
- If you have an issue with your electricity supply due to a loss of power, please contact your local Distribution Network Operator by calling 105.
- If you can smell gas, please call urgently 0800 111 999.
We recognise some businesses may struggle during this period of uncertainty, so if you’re having difficulty paying your bill, talk to us about what help is available. The Government are also providing support, including loans and grants. Visit the Government website or Business Debtline to find out more.
We’ll continue to follow government advice, and keep you updated on any changes that take place as the situation develops.
If you are having trouble paying your bill or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Help us stay in touch
Now more than ever it’s important that we have the correct contact details for you. This allows us to keep you informed now and in the future. Please confirm your details by filling in a form here. Make sure to include your Account ID (you can find this on your bill), so we can register your information to your account.